THE '30' COUNTDOWN

Friday 10 February 2012

When I grow up, I want to be a FRUITARIAN!

Well not quite! But after all the food mentioned in the post below, I thought it was time to tackle item number 18 on the list - EAT LIKE A VEGAN OR SIMILAR FOR A WEEK.


I have come to the realisation that I don't know enough about veganism (is that a word!) to 100% commit to that for a week - somewhere along the way I would do something wrong (so many hidden animal products trying to sneak up on me) and someone would point it out and tell me that my week didn't count - and we don't want that!!

I do however still want to embrace healthy choices for a week and have been researching the whole idea of a 'Clean Living' / 'Caveman' type diet. This basically means trying to eat as naturally as possible and aim to eat unprocessed foods wherever possible. Further research has found a lot of conflicting data on which items are allowed so I have come up with my own list! If I stick to the below, I believe I will have achieved my goal!

The official list of things I can eat!
  • Anything in its natural state that has not been processed
  • Organic meat
  • Grains
  • Organic bread, with no additives
  • Organic pasta made from natural ingredients
  • Herbal teas
  • Soy milk
  • Extra virgin olive oil

Starts tomorrow! 7 days, game on!

I need a last supper........................

No comments:

Post a Comment